- 100 Really, REALLY Useful Webites for Nurses
News & reference; communities; organizations; blogs; education; employment; care; entertainment.
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
Includes listing of member schools.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
Leading credentialing organization in US. Includes certification & renewal and magnet recognition program.
- Essential Nursing Resources (ICIRN)
Includes nursing meta-sites, alerting services, cultural competency, databases, education, grants, history of nursing, informatics, patient safety, public health, writer's manuals, etc.
- Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health
October 2010 report from the Institute of Medicine & Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Illinois Center for Nursing
State of Illinois agency that promotes nursing profession. Lists available financial aid; Illinois approved nursing education programs; continuing education; open faculty positions; licensure/renewal; Nurse Practice Act; professional nursing orgs; research data, etc.
- Illinois Division of Professional Regulation - License Look UP
Licensure & discipline of Illinois nurses, doctors, & other professionals.
- Illinois Nurse Practice Act (225 ILCS 65)
Latest version from Illinois Compiled Statutes
- Illinois Professional Nursing Information
IDPR licensing exam applications for RN, LPN, APN; Nursing Act; nursing regulations; Illinois approved nursing education programs; Illinois Center for Nursing.
- NAHRS Nursing Resources
Links to resources including APA, nursing databases, anatomy, drug resources, history of nursing, nursing website links, CE, etc., compiled by Medical Library Association Nursing & Allied Health Resources Section.
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
Nursing license certification & verification; contact info for state boards of nursing.
St. John's Hospital
Health Sciences Library
800 E. Carpenter St.
Springfield, IL 62769
Phone: 217-544-6464 ext 44566
Fax: 217-525-2895Send Email